Werribee Makers Market will be held at Station Place Werribee during the Wyndham City Council Summer Pop Up Program, which had over 18,000 visitors during the 2018 program. Supporting community businesses who grow or create products, this market will also provide Pop Up Park visitors opportunities to engage with their local producers and artisans.
Our outdoor community market will be supported by a range of free activities, access to local information, and the opportunity to showcase local talent. The inclusion of family-friendly activities and entertainment provides opportunities to celebrate our local community and will bring many more visitors to the Market stalls.
Makers Market is an initiative of Wyndham Business & Tourism Association – a not for profit business organisation.
2019 Market Applications – are officially open for 2019 Summer Pop Up Park markets and by applying, you are recognising that you will be allocated a space outdoors. Please consider this before applying. It is the responsibility of the market applicant to consider all weather conditions and have a market umbrella or marquee (or access to one) before sending an application. In fairness to others, the committee cannot accommodate special requests.
All stallholders applying for markets in 2019 are required to fill out the application. This is to ensure that all your contact and product information is up to date in our records and provides us with the option to promote your products.
Please note that selections & allocation of stalls are at the WBTA Committee’s discretion and are based on a number of variables as outlined in our FAQ and Terms & Conditions below. Before applying, please ensure that you have read both sections as once your application has been accepted and payment made, we do not issue refunds.
2019 MARKET DATES:
• Saturday 19 Jan 2019 – 10am to 3pm
• Saturday 26 Jan 2019 – Australia Day: 5pm to 9pm
• Saturday 2 Feb 2019 – 10am to 3pm
• Saturday 9 Feb 2019 – 10am to 3pm
• Saturday 16 Feb 2019 – 10am to 3pm
• Saturday 23 Feb 2019 – 10am to 3pm
All market applications close 14 Nov 2018.
ARE YOU AN OUTDOOR MARKET? YES! We have limited spaces which are selected at the WBTA committee’s discretion only. In fairness to all, we cannot accommodate individual requests. Please only apply if you understand that you will be placed outdoors.
HOW DO I APPLY?
• All applications will need to be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Make sure you read all sections and can meet the requirements (outdoors, umbrella, stall size, handmade product etc)
• Answer all sections clearly and carefully (incomplete applications will not be considered)
• Submit clear, quality images of your product for possible WBTA promotions use
• You will receive an email confirmation from us that your application has been received and is awaiting assessment.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN ACCEPTED? You will be contacted via your nominated email address by the Stall holder manager after the application closing date. Those unsuccessful will be notified also and placed on a standby list.
WHAT SIZE IS THE STALL SITE?
Standard: 3m x 3m
Large: 4m x 4m
MARKET DATES & STALL ALLOCATIONS – You are required to specify which dates you are applying for when applying. However, no guarantees can be given that there will be a place available at each market that you specify, as there are a limited number of sites available at each market.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ON MARKET DAY?
• A market umbrella is MANDATORY.
• Table/trestle to fit within the site allocation.
• Full sized table cloth to cover storage underneath table
• Drop sheet for extra protection of your product and patrons should you need it
• Display equipment
WHAT ARE THE STALL FEES?
Standard site: $80
Large (limited and at the discretion of the committee): $120
10% DISCOUNT IF ALL 6 DATES BOOKED
PAYMENT OF INVOICES – An invoice will be emailed to advise which date/s you have been allocated. Payment for all market dates booked must be received in full within the time specified on the invoice.
NO PAYMENT by due date = NO BOOKING. Payment is required within 7 days of invoice receipt.
All stallholders will be emailed a site map for the upcoming market 2 weeks prior to the event. Please note: stall sites may be allocated differently for each market (depending on stallholders) – so you may be in a different spot each time. The allocations are made by the committee and are final.
DO I NEED TO BE PRESENT ON MARKET DAY? YES! We are a Makers Market and will promote the fact that you are on hand to discuss your products and interact with market visitors. It is part of our T&Cs for the maker to be present on market day and you are agreeing to this when you apply. Feel free to bring along a helper on the day too though!
APPLICATION CRITERIA – All applications will be assessed on the following criteria. The committee reserves the right to exercise its discretion in approving applications. The selection of stall holders for the market is based on the following selection principles:
• MUST BE hand-made or crafted by the stall holder (this will be verified)
• Needs access to power.
• High quality of work.
• Fits product diversity: we like to present something new to the public at each market.
• Uniqueness or creativity of the product.
• Food stall/skincare products must also submit a copy of their relevant documents – see Terms and Conditions section
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA – Applications are ONLY assessed on images supplied (image files should not exceed 1MB per image). Websites and Facebook images will not form part of the selection process.
**Please only send clear, simple product photographs in order to be included in our market promotions. Whilst every effort is made, we cannot guarantee promotion for all stallholders**
FOOD/BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS – The committee welcomes applications for gourmet and specialty foods. The primary purpose of any food products should be for consumption off-site. Packaging must be of the highest standards of presentation and photos of all products must be supplied.