We are thrilled to announce the adoption of a new name and a new streamlined direction for the Wyndham Business and Tourism Association (WBTA).
A special resolution meeting with members was held on Thursday 25 July at 6.00pm where the future of the WBTA was discussed with enthusiasm.
After much discussion, attendees unanimously voted to adopt the proposed changes as follows:
1. A renewed focus on Werribee rather than the whole of Wyndham
2. Change of name to Werribee Business and Tourism Association (WBTA)
The changes were proposed for a number of reasons including:
• Positioning the WBTA as the peak body for business in Werribee (and surrounds)
• Working in collaboration with macro organisations such as Wyndham City Council, Committee for Wyndham and Western Melbourne Tourism.
• Working alongside other business groups and trader associations such as:
o Point Cook Action Group
o Wyndham Biznet
o Pacific Werribee
o Asian Business Association
o Manor Lakes Central
o Wyndham Harbour
o Werribee Park Tourism Precinct
• Implementing a strategic focus on Werribee with a view to engaging more of the 450+ businesses located in the CBD as well as those in Werribee South.
• Aligning our vision with that of the recently Wyndham City Council launch ‘Visit Werribee & Surrounds’ brand in order to better capitalise on Werribee’s growing visitor economy.
• Making the most of our limited resources by focusing on Werribee rather than the entire municipality.
This is an exciting development that will allow the WBTA to achieve even greater results for members. From advocating on behalf of businesses to connecting complementary companies and finding ways to leverage off the tourism happening both within and around Werribee, this is our opportunity to really make an impact.
I am really excited about the future of the WBTA and truly believe we can better serve our members and the business community with this strategic change.