The following information is from Western Melbourne Tourism*.
Visit Victoria has launched Click for Vic, a new online platform to help support struggling tourism businesses in both regional Victoria and in metropolitan Melbourne.
If you have a shoppable product then you can list your business’s online products on the Visit Victoria consumer website, which receives 9.2 million visitors annually (via the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW)).
Businesses that don’t already have an online shop will be hosted on Click for Vic via one of three existing platforms – Victorian Country Market, a hub that already includes more than 250 regional producers and makers, Providoor which delivers restaurant-quality finish-at-home meals from restaurants around Melbourne and Co-Lab Pantry for gourmet kitchen supplies.
Click for Vic will be rolled out across television, print, radio, digital and social media channels to help drive people to buy Victorian products and experiences online.
How Click for Vic works
The Click for Vic website is not transactable, but links off to Victorian producer websites, where consumers can purchase directly.
Click for Vic is also partnering with third-party platforms:
- Victorian Country Market – an online farmers market which delivers fresh produce and products from Victorian farmers and producers direct to people’s door;
- Providoor – delivering readymade, high-quality meals from Melbourne’s top restaurants, as well as groceries, bottled cocktails and gift vouchers; and
- Co-lab Pantry – offering gourmet pantry items from Melbourne’s top cafes, restaurants and bars
5 ways to get involved in Click for Vic
- List your products on the Victorian Country Market, Providoor and Co-lab Pantry, where relevant for your business.
- Use #clickforvic #visitvictoria and #visitmelbourne (as well as your hashtags), when sharing posts and images on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. And more importantly, encourage your customers to do the same.
- Leverage the campaign messaging in your communication; for example in your social post showing your purchasable products use the following words: ‘While you can’t visit us right now, you can still order the products that you love via our online store to enjoy from your home.’
- Send your news or stories, such as new products or exciting changes in your business to Visit Victoria’s Public Relations team firstname.lastname@example.org and Social Media team email@example.com. We can also assist you in distributing your news and stories through our direct contacts at Visit Victoria.
- If your business normally welcomes visitors, create or update your listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) so that the information flows through to visitvictoria.com and other tourism websites. Please note, not all ATDW-listed businesses are guaranteed to be featured on the Click for Vic campaign website pages.